What is EMC testing?
Electromagnetic compatibility is the ability of equipment or systems to function satisfactorily in their electromagnetic environment without introducing intolerable electromagnetic disturbance to anything in that environment. EMC testing is a series of tests to ensure the product’s electromagnetic compatibility.
Why is EMC testing important?
EMC compliance is a mandatory requirement in most markets including Europe, the U.S., China, Korea, Australia and New Zealand. EMC testing is necessary to help you meet regulatory requirements, improve product performance and reduce the risk of costly non-compliance. Third-party EMC tests and conformity assessments also help to strengthen your competitive position in the market.
How can you prepare for EMC testing?
It is important to consider EMC requirements from the beginning of the product design cycle, apply good EMC engineering practices, provide a list of sources of clock and critical EMC components, and prepare supporting equipment with satisfactory EMC performance.
TÜV SÜD’s experts offer comprehensive testing and certification based on their complete knowledge of EMC legislation, guidelines and standards. Our testing can cover all types of products, from small appliances to large defence industry machines. We assist you to resolve any EMC regulatory issues, from design concept to final production.
We provide a one-stop service that covers all of your testing and certification needs. Our experts provide project management to ensure that your EMC tests run smoothly. You can choose to have tests performed at our labs, on your premises or anywhere your product is installed.
Our EMC testing services
- Antenna immunity to RF voltage (S2b)
- Antenna input immunity (S1)
- Antenna screening effectiveness (S4)
- Conducted disturbances immunity
- Conducted emissions (continuous and discontinuous interference)
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) immunity
- Electrical disturbances from conduction and coupling immunity for vehicles
- Electrical fast transient / burst immunity
- Harmonic current emission
- Harmonics and interharmonics immunity
- Immunity from radiated fields (S3)
- Immunity to induced voltages (S2a)
- On-site EMC testing
- Power frequency magnetic field / oscillatory waves immunity
- Power interference
- Power supply conditioning
- Radiated emissions and EMF
- Radiated field immunity
- Voltage fluctuation / flicker
- Voltage surge immunity
- Voltage dips / interruptions immunity
TÜV SÜD is the world’s largest independent provider of EMC testing and certification services. Our experts are specialists when it comes to testing products in their intended operating environments. We provide global coverage with our international network of laboratories, while the services we offer can be tailored to meet your unique local market needs.
Our professional and technically qualified engineers are active in national and international technical committees for safety and EMC. This makes them well suited to provide you with valuable understanding of the latest standards and regulations to help you keep ahead of the competition.