Protect your investment in switchgear
Short circuits due to component breakdowns can cause product failures, danger to human life resulting in damage to company reputation. Switchgear and electrical wiring accessories testing is necessary to ensure product safety and compliance to international regulations/ standards.
Regular inspection and testing of switchgear is critical in electrical asset management. It can prolong equipment life and prevent unscheduled outages. It can also improve reliability, reduce maintenance costs and increase predictability.
TÜV SÜD offers safety testing services for a wide range of switchgear products. Our reports are highly renowned. We’re also recognised as one of the leading test laboratories in the world.
Our services at a glance
- Electrical test (High voltage, insulation resistance, short-circuit)
- Temperature-rise test
- Mechanical strength test
- Endurance test
- Environmental test (Ageing, humidity, glow-wire)
Products that can be tested, but not limited to the following, include:
- Low-voltage switchboards / tap-off boards
- Busbar trunking systems
- Distribution boards / consumer units
- Isolating switches / disconnectors
- Low-voltage fuses
- Circuit breakers - MCB / RCCB / RCBO
- Steel surface cable trunking
- Fire alarm panels